Friday, September 10, 2010

In denial

As always, its that time of the month when I stare at the toilet paper, cringe at anything crimson colored, and feel sorry for myself.

My feelings cannot be better described than by this post by Naomi :

http://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/2009/09/885-the-five-stages-of-finding-out-youre-not-pregnant/

Of all the days of the month, this is by far the worst. It is the day of your expected AF*. I have a feeling of impending doom every time I need to visit the toilet. But it is also the day when I know there is one last chance that I could possibly still be pregnant. And I hold onto that hope and live in denial, till I know there is nothing I can do, but move on to the next cycle.

What are your "worst" days of the cycle?

* I am going to assume that everyone TTC for more than a year will know these abbreviations.

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel - like you want to keep hoping that this is the month, but you don't want to get your hopes too high because you feel in your heart that it's probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that AF didnt show her head this time round. I have to agree that's not the best time for us all. Good luck with your cycles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just added your link and I'm your newest follower! Welcome to the blogosphere! (Stress Free Infertility);-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Stopping by from ICLW and also a new follower. CD1 is the worst for me yet the best. The pain is horrific but it reminds me (a PCOSer) that yes, I am still a female and every once in a while I do actually ovulate on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the 5 stages :) it is so true! those are definitely the worst days of the cycle because there are so many different emotions. when i get the negative pregnancy test i always think in my head "it could be wrong" or "its just too early" - i am always filled with so much hope.

    ReplyDelete